Saturday, September 22, 2012

Apples

It's apple season.

Today I commemorated the occasion with web-surfing related to a theoretical apple picking excursion.  How 21st century of me!  Imagine my elation when free apples were offered by two different people - and the opportunity to pick them on the very day I had planned to make into apple picking day.  I'll call this a small miracle, and be wide-eyed and thankful for it.

                                                                                                                                 Photo courtesy of flickr user msr


I haven't posted in months.  I was on such a roll there for awhile, but everything sort of got set aside.  My parent's separation and ultimate divorce was the cause. It was (and in many ways, remains) a brutally sad time in our lives. 

But it's time for me to move forward.  Building up our lives from where we left them.  It's the first day of autumn and I'm going to start my building with apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment